Intended use of the product
Lean2S is a solution designed for increasing production efficiency. It implies automated data collection equipment that helps store information on the pace of an operation to be recorded as well as the start and end of idle time and obtain the reasons of the idle time and the deviations from standards. Who uses Lean2S devices? Technologists: for setting new product standards and supervision, i.e. whether the set work pace standards are followed. Production Managers: for analysing reasons around a failure to comply with the plan, i.e. why the production plan is not respected. Masters: for supervising operator actions, i.e. whether work is carried out using the line set at a suitable pace of equipment and whether unplanned idle time is avoided. Operators: for self-control, i.e. whether the pace is maintained. Technical Service: for assessing the working status of a line, i.e. whether the line operates consistently. For setting machine repairs and maintenance priorities based on the load exerted over the machine, i.e. how much of idle time is attributable to technical breakdowns. For assessing machine tuning time and create completion schedules of maintenance or minor repair works.
Automated data collection
1. Production flow is measured using a variety of sensors, i.e. the quantity parts or products processed is calculated at set intervals as well as the start and the end of equipment idle time is recorded.
2. Information gathered from the sensors is processed and sent to a server via a wireless protocol. The internal memory of the transmitter allows saving data in the lack of lasting connection for up to 72 hours.
3. The information transmitted to the server can be monitored and analysed on a browser by production management staff.
4. Data are uploaded to a cloud. Hence, there is no need to worry about server maintenance. Data are accessible anywhere in the world (subject to internet connection being available)!
Lean2S helps find unused resources and gathers information about production process:
- pace of manufacture work;
- duration of idle time;
- implementation of production plan;
- production efficiency (OEE - Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
The Lean2S device gathers data in an automated manner:
- from sensors fitted in production lines or additional sensors transmitting information signals;
- from signals activating mechanical movement of devices (e.g. relays);
- measuring the on/off mode of a device;
- invoking collection of specific information customised to an individual task.
Collected data can be used:
- in business management systems (ERP – Enterprise Resource Planning);
- in technical equipment maintenance systems (TPM – Total Productive Maintenance) for transmitting information on the idle time of a device attributable to technical breakdowns, gathering statistics on the reliability of a device, designing maintenance completion schedules and determining how often critical units must be replaced;
- in analytical tools (BI – Business Intelligence) for combining the information collected in an automated manner with other information of the company (e.g. financial); all rounded cause-effect analysis can be obtained;
- for introducing LEAN, i.e. based on the gathered data you will easily determine what type of LEAN instruments are required to increase the efficiency of a certain work station and measure what effect the instrument subject to the introduction has at the time of introduction of a LEAN instrument.
Because data are collected on an automated basis, human factor does not distort them; hence, the effect of the instrument subject to the introduction is observed in the first weeks.
Combining hardware and experience in consultancy, an equipment use methodology, which allows viewing the current situation and taking decisions on the very next day, has been developed.
Product is sold on the market.
Equipment is supplied on a lease basis in Lithuania and directly or via partners in Belarus.
A Lithuanian company has 16 years experience in business and management consultancy activities. Wide experience of process management, production planning, Lean management, work organization, change of working habits’ and change implementation. While consulting organizations or creating practical solutions, company integrates and uses synergy of different competencies - Psychology, Lean, Theory of Constraints and Information Technology.
The main company’s work subject is to look for the new opportunities at the programming equipment area (exp. shopping online). Also to look for contacts with foreign partners from Sweden and Denmark. Setting of already created equipment and production, as well as service for software networks, consultations for users.